Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Love this day of school!

I love this day at school. It's Thanksgiving Dinner for lunch at Ryan's school. They have THE BEST!!! I'm going to look like a piggy mom, cause Ryan doesn't eat most of the stuff. And heck yeah, I'm going to eat his...LOL I've got to get a head start on next Thursday. LOL

Speaking of Thursday. My aunt who has been cooking Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner since my grandparents have passed away, isn't going to be able to do the cooking this year for Thanksgiving most likely. So I've decided that I'd like to do it. Besides, I didn't want to go out to eat. So I'm all excited. I've already gotten all the ingredients from my aunt. I'm just glad I know how to cook a turkey. I've been cooking turkeys for Chad and I for the last 7 years or so. I cook them the same way my grandpa did.....

stick the turkey in a BIG pan. smear a stick of butter all over him. shove 1/2 an apple and 1/2 an onion, and another stick of butter up Tom's butt. Pour 1/2 a beer around him in the pan. Get 2 brown paper sacks and slide ol' Tom and his pan in the sacks. Bake over night in a slow oven. Perfect turkey EVERYTIME! Mmmmmmmmm

I'm hungry now, and can already smell it...LOL I'm excited about cooking for my family though. BUT, hopefully dinner doesn't turn out perfect, where they always want me to cook it...LOL hehe!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

LOL! I don't see myself ever getting excited about cooking...glad that there are so many that enjoy it, though!

Thu Nov 16, 03:23:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mary said...

Did you just call your Turkey 'Tom'??? LMAO
You forgot the beer!

Can't believe you ate Ryan's food! hahaa

Thu Nov 16, 10:08:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

I said beer...LOL Go re-read. LOL

Thu Nov 16, 10:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Oh, LOL and I didn't eat his. I only ate mine. Plus Saira's cranberry sauce because she didn't want it for some reason. Normally she loves the stuff.

Thu Nov 16, 10:17:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mary said...

okay okay ... i see the beer!
surrrre...you didn't eat it, uh huh!

Thu Nov 16, 11:24:00 PM CST  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

mmmmTHANKSGIVING!!!! Less than a week away.. I can't wait to hear all about your dinner!!
Take a picture of the table all set for us to see :)

Fri Nov 17, 05:36:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home